How to Submit "I'm glad I'm rewriting my novel with her criticism in hand, rather than a thanks-but-no-thanks from some agent."
How to Submit
1. Call me at 610-653-5037, or send me an e-mail.
Call or e-mail me to request services. I’ll need some information about you: your name, address, telephone number. I’ll also need to know something about your manuscript. Tell me whether it’s nonfiction, memoir, or fiction (include genre if you know it); its page length (when formatted as in #3, below) and word count; and a brief synopsis (one paragraph will do). This step will save you time and money—if the project is not well-suited to my talents and interests, I will say so.
2. Pre-pay the invoice I will e-mail to you.
I will estimate your turn-around time and the cost of my services. When you are ready to move forward, I'll schedule your services and e-mail you an invoice. All services must be prepaid based on this total estimated cost. If paying via PayPal is more convenient, the invoice will have a link to my PayPal account, where you may deposit funds by credit card or, if you are a PayPal member, through direct deposit from your bank account (PayPal membership is free but is not required for credit card use). Otherwise, you may make a check out to "Kathryn Craft" for the invoice total and send it along with your manuscript via snail mail. My mailing address will be on my e-mail.
Tip: If you have several small items for critique (a cover letter, a synopsis, and a conference pitch, for example), it is best to group them. A minimum fee of $100 applies to all written critique and editing services.
3. Mail me your formatted manuscript, SASE included. Format your manuscript as if you were submitting it to an agent or editor:
12 pt. serif font such as Times New Roman or Courier
each paragraph indented with no extra space between paragraphs (unless indicating a scene change)
type only on one side of the page
drop down 1/4–1/2 page to start new chapter
your last name/title/page number in the header on each page
include an SASE for return*
*I will add any extra postage required by the addition of commentary pages.
4. Make a phone appointment if needed. E-mail me your request for a telephone consultation and I will send you a list of possible times. Pick one and e-mail me back; I’ll confirm. At the agreed upon time, I will initiate the call.
5. Questions? Do you have further questions about any of the procedures outlined here, or need help understanding the lingo I used? Want to get to know me better before we begin? Don't hesitate to call. You are most likely to reach me at 610-653-5037 Monday–Friday between 1 and 5 p.m. EST. If you don't reach me on your first try, please leave a message and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. You can also reach me via e-mail.
Thank you for visiting writing-partner.com, and keep writing!